Ansel Herz is an investigative journalist with eight years of experience.
My work has been published by ABC News, The Nation magazine, Inter-Press Service and Seattle’s The Stranger, among other outlets, and I’ve appeared on CNN and Democracy Now! to discuss my reporting.
What are some of your most consequential stories?
A handful from Haiti:
- U.N. Peacekeepers Accused of Sexually Assaulting Haitian Teen – ABC News
- WikiLeaks Haiti: The Post-Quake ‘Gold Rush’ for Reconstruction Contracts | The Nation
- Peacekeepers Turned Perpetrators – VICE Reports
I was the Haiti producer on this film.
And from the Seattle area:
- Inside the City’s Negotiations with the Police Union – The Stranger
The City of Seattle paid $65,000 to a private investigator to uncover my source and failed.
- Video: Seattle Police Jail Elderly Military Veteran for “Walking in Seattle While Black” – The Stranger
This article led to the first-ever termination of a Seattle police officer for racial bias.
- Judge Who Authorized Police Search of Seattle Privacy Activists Wasn’t Told They Operate Tor Network – The Stranger
The Electronic Frontier Foundation cited this report in a whitepaper on police raids.
Let me see your resume.
How does one contact you?
If you’re a whistleblower, considering e-mailing me at this address. Use my PGP fingerprint: 12ED 9001 0317 1E33 AC86 1187 B5AA 127E BBB6 B1C3. Hope to hear from you.